Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's Been Such a Long Time...

Dear Friends,

As the time says, "It's Been Such a Long Time" since I have posted anything on Dogwood Notes. I have been having problems getting in to add any new posts and just today after sitting here at my computer for the last 3 hours and reading and trying things have finally discovered a way to get to the screen which lets me type a new post.

Well, enough about that -- It's Spring--at least it is here in middle Alabama! The tulip trees, daffidils and forsithia are blooming and soon my favorite, the dogwoods, will be in bloom.

As you may or may not know, Dogwood Square is an online ONLY business. There is no brick and mortar building with this business. I run Dogwood Square out of my home as a part time job because I also have a full time "day job."

In the last year or so since the downturn in the economy, the number of orders I have received through Dogwood Square has decreased along with other businesses of this kind. I am now struggling with a decision. Whether to continue the business or just stop it.

I have been thinking about doing this for about 6 months and unless business picks considerably, I will probably shut Dogwood Square down this summer.

I would very much like to hear from any of you about your thoughts.

Until next time...

Della

No comments: